Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Inspiration

I believe it is really important that we, as humans, be open to inspiration.  We don't get to decide where it will come from; and if we aren't looking for it, inspiration can easily just pass us by.  Yet our lives can be deeply enriched by inspiration.


I have the honor of sharing my life with the most wonderful and loving and gracious woman in the world, Judy.  And in our time together I have learned that the 'package I received in my life when Judy entered it did not just include Judy.  You see, Judy has a family; and this family knows how to do family way better than I have ever known.  I have learned SO MUCH!!  And it appears my learning is hardly over!  One member of that family is one of Judy's daughters, a young woman named Megan.  Part of the casserole that my life has become with Judy is seeing the value that other family members bring into the mix, allowing them to work themselves into the place they are to occupy in my life, and to work toward assuming the role that is mine in their lives.  Megan is slowly working herself - without trying - into a place of being a bit like an adult daughter to me.  And in that role, as it is with kids, she is in a place to inspire me.




The latest inspiration she has unknowingly sent my way is this blog.  I am not sure I saw the value of a blog just about the normal moments of life and family until I read hers (Megan's Blog).  Megan has, in the writings of her blog, given a special dignity to family life, and the events which milestone that life.  She has chosen to document for the world those things which are special to her about life and family.  This is 'the high road' elegantly defined.  It will strike some as boring and futile; but they are wrong.  It is no more boring than blood or air - critical ingredients to life.  I hope the attitude I get from her blog will maintain a powerful inspiration to me and all further writings I may commit myself to.  Her inspiration has got me this far!  Megan, thank you!,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want your comments!

It appears that the security settings on the reader's computer (yours) can prohibit a posting of your comments to my blog. If you want to post your comment, and run into this problem, I offer two solutions:
∙ You can downgrade your security so you may post your comments. For Internet Explorer, click on the TOOLS menu, select INTERNET OPTIONS, Select the SECURITY tab, and then slide the Security Level For This Zone down to a level that works. You can restore your old settings when you are done, if you want.
· You can email your comments to DavidRWestfall@Me.Com

Thank you!